Getting to Seattle
Your destination airport is the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), also known as Sea-Tac. Other airports close by with frequent flights to Sea-Tac are the Portland International Airport (PDX) and the Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is about
a 1.5 hour flight away.
Getting to the Conference Hotel from the Airport
Here is a map locating the
conference hotel in the Seattle downtown area.
You can reach here from the airport using any of the following ways.
- Taxi :
From the airport to the hotel cab fare
ranges from $30 to about $45 depending on traffic and the
time of day.
From the hotel to the airport, city ordinance dictates a flat rate of $28 plus a $1 fuel charge.
- Orange Cab: (206) 522-8800
- Yellow Cab: (206) 622-6500
- Red Top (for vans): (206) 789-4949
- Grayline Downtown Airporter : Fare is $10.25 one way or $17 roundtrip. It leaves every half hour.
- Phone numbers for
- Grayline: (206) 626 6088
- Connector: (206) 255-7159.
- From the airport: Ticket booth is at the very south end of baggage claim area, door 001. You can purchase tickets there and take the bus to the downtown area. There is a drop-off location at the Sheraton Hotel
- From the hotel: Tickets may be purchased from the bus driver. The Sheraton Hotel Bellman can also arrange for a connector to pick you up or drop you at the hotel. This needs to be done 1 hour in advance.
- Bus: This is your cheapest option (a few bucks):
go from the airport (SEATAC) to downtown Seattle and
back. The trip should take around 30 minutes. For more options and
exact timings use the Trip
Planner at the Metro Transit web page. (Enter "SeaTac" for the airport and "Sheraton" for the hotel in the trip planner.)
- Rental Car:
We don't recommend renting a car during the conference unless you are planning trips out of town.
Most everything you need should be within walking distance of the hotel and parking in Seattle downtown is difficult and expensive.
Other Means of Transport to the Conference Hotel
Additional transportion options and information can be
found here .