EasyChair is changing nearly every day. Sometimes we
perform several upgrades a day. This page describes the
most essential news for our users.
EasyChair aims at helping conference organisers at all stages. It can now
produce automatically Springer Verlag LNCS proceedings in the format
required by Springer Verlag. With the electronic publishing on the rise,
we would like to facilitate the creation of conference and workshop
proceedings to conferences and workshops not using LNCS. To this end, we
finally designed a version 1.0 of a LaTeX style for the EasyChair
Proceedings that we plan to further strengthen and regularly maintain.
Design Goals and Considerations
- The style is easy to use: the average LaTeX user should be able to
use it without reading a long manual.
- When printed it saves forests compared to LNCS, but the text is
nice(r) to read.
- It produces a high-quality PDF.
- The bibliography produces hyperlinks, and so do other cross
references, like page numbers, footnotes, section numbers, etc.
- Sections produce menu sections in the PDF viewers.
- The text looks cool on both the A4 and letter paper formats.
The package containing the class file and its user guide and some helper tools can be downloaded from here. Most authors familiar with the LaTeX article class should find it
easy to use as it is a conservative extension to article and relies
solely on open and standard LaTeX packages. The guide adds extra
information for authors and editors for things that are worth
Workshops Using easychair.cls
Check for the list of workshops that
have used EasyChair.