IFIP-WG16 is one of the seven working groups of the Technical Committee 1 of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP). IFIP is the leading multinational, apolitical organization in Information & Communications Technologies and Sciences. It is recognized by United Nations and other world bodies, represents IT Societies from 56 countries or regions, covering all 5 continents with a total membership of over half a million.
Detailed information on IFIP-WG1.6 can be found on the IFIP-WG1.6 website.
Participation is possible for everyone interested (i.e., not only for members of the working group).
- To promote research efforts in rewriting and its applications.
- To establish close cooperation between existing groups and to facilitate the emergence of new ones.
- To increase awareness of rewriting techniques in the computer science community at large.
- To foster development of applications of theoretical advances.
- Rewriting for computing and reasoning.
- Theoretical studies of the rewriting relation of different orders.
- Complexity issues of rewriting.
- Compilation techniques and applications.
- Theory and applications of rewriting logic and calculus.
- Application of rewriting to constraint solving, theorem proving and algebraic specifications.
- The design, promotion and teaching of rewrite based techniques and applications.
LuFG Informatik 2